A work-in-progress gallery of a new pendant I've been working on.
Perhaps not overly fitting given the weather lately but when venturing outside I've found a few small crop of green shoots pushing through the snow, and some buds, just waiting, on a plant . . .
This is the pendant after it's been soldered. Not particularly attractive but the shape I'm trying to achieve is emerging. The small 'veins' were not easy to solder.
Fool that I am, I decided on soldering another 'vein' in. I think it looks more balanced, perversely, and more natural and authentic with an odd number.
How the pendant looks after it's been pickled out, the dark oxidisation from soldering lifted away by the acidic pickle solution.
A couple of rings have been attached (for hanging on a chain necklace) and excess solder has been, carefully, filed away. I tumble polished the leaf to give it a bright shine and then lightly hammered it to impart some leafy-looking texture.